Monday, September 22, 2008

Where does the weekend go?

We had a very busy weekend as anticipated. Saturday John had the kids while I had some time out with a friend. Boy, did I need that! That evening we had dinner with friends. They have two boys as well so it's nice that they can all play.

Sunday we headed up to Richmond where John and Craig met up for the Redskins game. Sam, Owen, and I had a great time spending the day with Jen and Lily. Sam especially loved throwing rocks in the creek and getting all muddy. He also enjoyed cheering on Lily as she continues to take steps. We couldn't go to Richmond without a visit to Nadine's. I enjoyed visiting with Kristen and Sam and Nadine enjoyed the water table, which meant yet another change of clothes for the day. When Sam and Nadine see each other they actually squeal with excitement. They truly are best friends.

Needless to say, I was pretty tired after all the running around. Luckily, the stars were aligned and both boys napped at the same time today. I finally got a nap! It's amazing what extra sleep can do. This morning I took the boys to story time at the library. Sam can sit for 2-3 stories and then off to the train table. After the train table we went to look at the fountain outside and yep, you guessed it, another change of clothes. By the way, Owen is sleeping through all of this.
Once John was home and Sam was up from his nap I decided Sam needed some mommy only time. I know it sounds like we do a lot but I usually always have Owen attached to me which really hinders my ability to play with Sam like he's used to. Not that I mind having Owen attached to me of course, but Sam could take it or leave it. So after dinner Sam and I went to the park. This also gave John and Owen some time alone. Now both kids and daddy are all in bed. I should probably hit the sack as well, next shift starts in 1 hour!

No comments: