Thursday, September 18, 2008

Picture Day

As I am writing this Sam is having a major meltdown because he wanted to turn off the TV . He was given many opportunities to turn it off but chose not to until John turns it off. Funny thing is, he had the exact same meltdown this morning. Who knew turning off the TV was so great. These days Sam has to do EVERYTHING on his own. Toddlers do love their new found independence!

Today was picture day at school. Today is not his regular day to go but they told the parents we could bring our kids anyway and they could stay the rest of the day. An extra day of school for free? Yes, I will take that any day. They are so laid back at his new school. I think it's because the classes are so small that they really have a great deal of flexibility. I just love that he can stay for aftercare once his little 9-12 school session is over. They ask that you give them a days notice if you can and then they just bill us at the end of the month for any aftercare hours. Easy!! However, Mrs. Shay said Sam had to go to time out today for throwing materials and spitting on the slide. I was not surprised about the throwing but the spitting caught me off guard. When I told Sam that spitting anywhere outside of the bathroom sink is rude and that he needs to stop he replied, "No mommy, you need to stop spitting!" Of course he also attempted to put me in time out today too.

Owen and I went for a walk with a friend. Owen already loves being outside. He is such a sweet baby. John and Sam went to the park today, it was a beautiful day here in Virginia! We are looking forward to a nice weekend.

No comments: