Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sleep begets sleep

For some reason Owen could not sleep today. It instantly brought back memories of Sam going hours without a nap during the day. I ended up driving Owen around for an hour and when that didn't do the trick I knew we were in trouble. Maybe this means he will sleep for a long stretch tonight, but probably not.

We still had a fairly productive day. Sam and John went canoeing and I made my first loaf of homemade bread. I rarely make anything from scratch but it turned out pretty good. I plan to expand my repertoire as I become more comfortable. I never realized it took 3 hours to make a loaf of bread. Thank God for the baby carrier! Sam is getting into nursery rhymes so I pulled out my Mother Goose Book of Nursery Rhymes and Sam loved seeing some of the pictures that accompanied the rhymes. It was nice for him to enjoy a book that I had as a child. The inscription reads "Merry Christmas Amy, love Mom, 1982"

When we put Sam to bed tonight we each said "I love you Sam" and he replied with "I love you guys" which I thought was pretty funny for some reason. "You guys" seems like a funny thing for a 2 year old to say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovin this blog idea. I agree - that's funny "love you guys" You are young - you'll realize baking bread is not worth the time! Love, Mom