Friday, September 19, 2008

Big Night Out

I decided that it was time we attempted dinner out with both kids at a restaurant other than chick-fil-a. We really talked it up to Sam- we brought a few m&ms, a lollipop, two books, and play dough. As you know, Sam rarely gets candy so we were sure that would work. We even told him if he would stay at the table he would get ice cream after dinner. We didn't even ask him to stay in his seat, all he had to do was stay at the table. As for Owen, we knew if we could just get him to fall asleep he would fine. We dined outside thinking that would be less disturbing to the other patrons. He probably would have stayed at the table except all the tables had candles on them so of course he really wanted to go and blow them all out. Overall, I think all of the incentives worked fairly well. Owen did fine until right before the food came. So, of course I had to nurse him as my food sat getting cold. One might think that nursing in public might be the embarrassing part. No, that would have to be when the server brought me a drink. Sam said "Mommy, what is that?" I was thinking that I should be honest so I replied, "it's a beer Sam". Then he YELLS "I love beer!" I don't know if the glares were because my two year old was announcing his passion for beer or because I was nursing a baby and drinking a beer. I wanted to yell, "everyone knows it perfectly safe to nurse a baby and drink one drink! As a matter of fact, my lactation consultant says it safe to have TWO drinks and nurse a baby!" Maybe I was just being paranoid. Finally, one of the ladies came over to the table and commented on how adorable Sam is and then makes a joke about how well he must sleep since he loves beer.

John is quite excited today. Craig's company scored box seats on the 50 yd line to the Redskins game. When Craig told him that the only caveat was that they had to listen to a proposal from another company. The other company is Lear, as in Lear Jet. So there you have- John's two favorite things the Redskins and private jets. He's stoked. So when he goes to the game on Sunday the boys and I will go hang out with Jen and Lily and possibly make a trip to see Sam's best friend, Nadine, while we are in Richmond. Thanks Craig!!
We'll probably hit the farmer's market tomorrow in the morning and then I have a movie date with a friend. It will be the longest I have been away from Owen, hope he doesn't starve. Tomorrow night we plan to hang out with the Federico's and their two boys. Should be a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like ya'll have quite a weekend. Though Learjet's gonna have a hard sell after their crash last night.

Also, thanks for sending the pic of Owen in his swing. Car is now fixed *YAY* so lets make a date for me to come down.