Thursday, October 9, 2008

Today was a fun day for all, except John. John had parent teacher confrences today so I knew it would be a long day for us. I find it best to have many activities on days like this. I'm less likely to go crazy if we are out and about. This morning we met the Federicos at the park for play and a picnic. After Sam's nap we went to a different park and took a hike. The hike is a familiar one for Sam but it is a mile, so it's a nice little walk for him. I told him to find red and yellow leaves and he really got into it. After dinner we took the leaves and made a suncatcher. He was really proud of his leaves. He is also learning to have patience. It has been taking us about an hour to get Owen down for the night. On nights that I am here by myslef Sam really does have to be patient while I am getting Owen down.

That being said, Sam did make an observation the night before last.
Both kids were in bed but Sam had not gone to sleep yet when Owen woke up and needed to be fed. I was feeding Owen and Sam came down the hallway and said "This isn't fair." He then said, "It isn't fair that I have to be in bed." We asked him three different times what he said because we kind of couldn't believe he was saying this. Of course, he was referring to the fact that Owen was out of bed and he was in bed. I felt so bad for him because to him it really doesn't seem fair. I didn't know he could understand the concept of fair. We had to agree with him, explain that Owen needed a snack, and put him back to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sam does do a good job being patient. Remember how patient he was from the airport to my house? He was sooooo sweet and good. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Dang that boy is smart!