Monday, October 27, 2008

A little grown up time

Finally! John and I got to go out for a few hours on Saturday night. We went to see Trey Anastasio play in Ricmond- we had a great time. Jen and Craig watched the boys and we had a night out! Thanks to Craig for the VIP tickets!! After a wonderful breakfast yesterday with Jen and Lily we headed back to Williamsburg. Sam and Lily had so much fun playing together. It's so fun to see Lily walking around. She and Sam are sure to be great friends. I can't help but thinking that phase when the babies go from babies to toddlers is bittersweet. In our case, we are expieriencing the transition from toddler to little boy and it is a little heartbreaking at times.

My friend Ellen had invited us all to her house for a cook out and Kayaking yesterday so Owen and I did that while Sam and John watched the Skins. It was a beautiful day and everyone was more than happy to watch Owen so that I could Kayak for a bit. As usual, he was as sweet and charming as ever.

Today I took Sam and Owen to Jumping Joey's so that Sam could get out some energy. After two hours of bouncing around it was time for a nap. I can't seem to get the boys to nap at the same time so still no naps for mom. I did however have yoga tonight so I guess I shouldn't complain. Sam has school tomorrow so maybe Owen and I will sneak in a nap...

No comments: