Monday, October 20, 2008

Catching Up

I feel like I have so much to catch up on. Friday Owen and I joined Sam at school for a special activity. I asked Sam's teacher how he is doing in school. She said he is doing great but that he seems to be bored with the some of the activities she has planned. She also said that he is very active. I'm a teacher- I am familiar with teacher talk. At first I thought, "well he's bored because he's so bright right?" Then I remembered, that's teacher code for "He doesn't want to take part in activities that require sitting still." "Very active" is typically code for, "he runs and jumps on tables." Oh well, he loves school and they said they love him so that's all that matters I guess. Besides, he comes by it honestly. I can't sit still for more than 5 minutes and John is a self proclaimed daydreamer.

We babysat for some friends Saturday night so that was fun for all! Sunday, we finally made it to the pumpkin patch. We had been promising Sam we were going to go and we could not have gone on a better day. We all had a great time. Needless to say, Sam was very excited to ride tractors. I was very excited about the pumpkin pie. Owen was excited to be in the Bjorn with daddy all day while walking around the pumpkin patch. Later that day I took Sam to the grocery and he made two very big decisions. On the way to the store he told me he didn't want his ears anymore. He told me his are too soft and that he just really doesn't want them anymore. I told him he needed them to hear and he said he would just use Owen's.
He also decided that the lobsters in the tank in the seafood dept. were too scary. He's been freaked out by them for awhile but he finally decided that we couldn't go near them anymore.

Tomorrow it's off to another pumpkin patch! I will post pictures soon.

No comments: