Tuesday, October 7, 2008

BIG DAY

Yesterday was a big day in the Gulick house. Sam pooped in the potty! As promised, we went to target and he got the biggest firetruck we could find. Since we have six firetrucks already I tried to persuade him to choose a bowling set, leap frog computer thing, or a really cool tent but he was determined to get the firetruck.

The other big accomplishment was Owen sleeping through the night. Owen slept from 9:00-5:00am. I woke up at our usual time of 2:30am in a panic. I made the familiar run into Owen's room confused as to why he was not demanding a feeding. Ahhhh, a sleeping baby. I was very apprehensive as I went back to sleep. I just knew that as soon as I went to sleep he would wake up. I actually considered waking him just to get in a feeding so that my sleep would not be interrupted an hour later. Wake a sleeping baby?? It sounds crazy but any mother knows what I am talking about- I mean, I was already up. I decided I would just see what happened. He didn't wake until 5am!! Not only that but when I brought him to bed to nurse (which I only do when it is after 4am) he stayed asleep until 7:30am. Of course Sam was up at 6:00am but at least there was only one. I know this will probably not happen tonight- we shall see...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! This was a big day. I knew about Sam pooping, but the all-night sleep was heaven-sent. I know you needed a good night's sleep! Love, Mom