Sunday, October 5, 2008

Our Trip To KY

I didn't have a chance to post while in KY so I will do my best to recap. Everyone had a great time!! It will be easier if I think in terms of days...
Saturday- the plane ride went fairly well. Thank God for portable DVD players. Once we arrived in Nashville we thought it would be best to let Sam run around before getting back in the car. Gram had a great idea to go to Rainforest Cafe. Sam absolutely loved it, however the gorillas were a bit scary! When we got to Gram's Sam was super excited to see all the new toys!

Sunday-Sam and I went to the park in Mayfield and visited with Jen and Addaleigh. We then went to visit Grandma Lucy and Grandpa Dean. Aunt Terry, Adleigh Grace, and Aunt Andrea were there too. Sam discovered his talents for baseball today! That evening uncle Jeff joined us for dinner at Grams. Of course Sam had uncle Jeff outside playing baseball and throwing rocks.

Monday-The morning started off rough. At 4:00am we had to take Owen to the ER. He had a very high temp. A chest X-RAY determined he had a viral infection in his chest. It was really scary and I am so relieved he is feeling better. Needless to say, we stayed at Grams the rest of the day. I was on the phone throughout the day with Owen's pediatrician in VA because his fever was getting higher throughout the day.

Tuesday-Uncle Aaron came over for a visit and played baseball with Sam. Since Owen was feeling better Sam and I were able to take a hike around the farm. We had a great time! We went to the big pond and Sam threw rocks. This was pretty much an every day activity. That night we had dinner at Aunt Terry's house. Uncle Leonard took Sam for a ride on the 4-wheeler around their beautiful land. Even though Sam had a helmet, I was a bit nervous. Needless to say, the pink helmet Adleigh let Sam borrow was a permanent fixture for the rest of the trip.

Wednesday-Mom went back to work so it was just me and the boys. Uncle Denham was there to entertain us for a bit. After another hike we went to visit Shelley and the kids for the day. That evening I went to visit some friends while Mom, Sam, Owen, and Uncle Aaron made cupcakes.

Thursday-Sam, Owen, and I met cousin Melanie at the park for some lunch. That afternoon there was more baseball and more rock throwing. That evening Owen and I spent the night with Janelle, and watched the debate. sigh..........
I had a great time with Janelle though and Owen was perfect. This week Owen has really started to laugh and "talk".

Friday- We spent the morning outside with Uncle Kyle and Uncle Denham. Later, we all carved a pumpkin. Sam decided we should carve a scary pumpkin but that night once it was lit he kept saying the pumpkin looked "worried". Once the kids went down for a nap Gram and I baked a pumpkin pie to take to Grandma Lucy's house. The dinner at Grandma Lucy's house was yummy, everyone was there and we even had a surprise visit from Cousin Jesse.

Saturday- We went to Nashville early to visit with Uncle Steve and family. Then it was back to the airport. All was going smoothly on the plane until the explosive diarrhea. Owen, not me. Changing a diaper and clothes on a two month old was one of the more challenging things I have done thus far. I was glad to land. John met us at the gate and we were welcomed with flowers, dinner, and a cake at home. He should be well rested after a week without the wife and kids!

With the exception of the visit to the ER, we had a great time. Thanks to Gram for the wonderful meals, many loaves of banana bread (per sam's request), round the clock assistance, and all around good time. I loved seeing all my friends and family. We missed Paw Paw but we know he is having a great time in Alaska!!

I have tried to put the pictures on a sideshow but of course it won't work for me. It will take me a bit but I do plan to put some pictures from our trip. I have posted a few below.

1 comment:

Amy Griffin said...

sounds like you guys did have fun. My kids like the rainforest cafe but are still scared of the hippo!!